# Fraud Protection System
Payment fraud with stolen bank cards or their details pose some of the most serious challenges faced by e‑commerce companies worldwide. Every transaction made by a fraudster causes a return of means to the rightful owner of the bank card (chargeback). Its cost has to be covered, and the losses are covered mostly by the seller.
# What to do in case of chargebacks and fraud
Your transactions are being chargebacked, and you would like to minimize the associated expenses? There are a few things you can do:
- Contact your client to confirm whether their card details have been compromised.
- Block the customer account until the situation is resolved.
- Cancel the suspicious subscription.
- In case of fraud, you could refund the transaction manually. This way, you might avoid a chargeback and the fees associated with it.
Fortunately, there are ways to proactively safeguard yourself against thieves. By deciding to accept payments with Straal, you can choose to receive a set of high‑quality solutions designed to help prevent payment fraud.
Companies operating in certain areas of online commerce are particularly vulnerable to payment fraud. With such entities in mind, Straal – in collaboration with its technological partner, Nethone – offers high‑quality AI‑based anti‑fraud solutions.
To help you avoid even the most sophisticated fraud, Straal has partnered with Nethone – the leading global supplier of AI‑based anti‑fraud solutions.
Nethone makes use of a number of advanced user profiling tools and methods as well as bespoke Machine Learning models created individually, per business case.
The system x‑rays each user of your website and assesses in real time and with unprecedented precision whether the user is a rightful cardholder or a fraudster. Thanks to Machine Learning, every analysed user adds to the effectiveness of the system.
This solution works in the background and its presence is not noticeable to your customers.
The Nethone profiler tool is embedded in your website, and analyses current traffic. When it detects a suspicious signal, it sends a notification.
Nethone performs diagnostics on over 5000 metrics in five categories:
- Hardware and OS setup (for example: virtual machine used)
- Browser intelligence (for example: user-agent spoofing)
- Behavioral analysis (for example: keyboard or mouse not used)
- Network characteristics (for example: Tor network used)
- Anomaly detection (for example: OS and browser language mismatch)
It's possible to extend Nethone's functionality so it also reports various events taking place on the website, such as confirming the email or requesting a password change.
To help you integrate with Nethone, a Nethone customer support engineer will guide you through the process. If you're considering using Nethone, let our Sales Team know.