From global SaaS companies (such as VoD services, music platforms) to more traditional subscription services (such as gym memberships or subscription of periodicals), subscriptions provide a stable and reliable source of income.
Subscription-based models help businesses build customer loyalty easily and grow their client bases, because it's so easy for a customer to make simple recurring payments without the need to refill their details every time.
# Subscription lifecycle
Subscription lifecycle is a sequence of operations that you can perform on a subscription in Straal.
- A subscription is created.
- If a subscription is linked to a plan with a trial period, a Verification Authorization is carried out, and the trial starts.
- If there is no (more) trial, the connected card is authorized and charged.
- If the charge is successful, the next one happens after the subscription period comes to an end. The next charge begins the next subscription period. If a charge fails, a transaction retry is possible, according to your setup (see: Smart Retry Logic).
- At any point, a subscription can be cancelled. To functionally renew a subscription, a new one has to be created.